Our Alim course is a multi-disciplinary study of traditional Islamic subjects. This course is broken down into three years and taught on a part-time basis.
The course comprises of:
- Arabic language
- Study of Quran
- Principles of interpreting the Quran and Hadith
- Study of the principles of Fiqh (jurisprudence)
- Islamic law of worship and family life
- Islamic Creed
Students can study from home if they don’t live in Nottingham. We have an international cohort of students studying with us online. All lessons are delivered on Microsoft Teams.
Benefits of joining our course:
- You will learn and understand the texts in a modern context.
- You will gain a broad knowledge of major cultural, religious and philosophical traditions.
- You will explore the nature of faith, meaning of life, morality and the interaction of religion and society.
- You will develop critical thinking and analytical skills.
Regular seminars and work placement at a local Islamic organisation will give students practical experience of applying the knowledge. There will also be an opportunity in the third year for a field visit to an Islamic country to gain practical experience of the Arabic language and Islamic culture. A highly qualified team of Al-Azhar trained scholars will develop your knowledge, understanding and love of Islam.
Our teachers include:
- Dr Musharraf Hussain Al-Azhari (BSc, MSc, PhD, OBE, DL, Translator of ‘The Majestic Quran’, author of many books)
- Dr Muhammad Munir Al-Azhari (B.A, M.A, PhD, author of Arabic books and former translator at Dar al Ifta Egypt)
- Dr Amjad Aziz Al-Azhari (B.A, M.A, PhD, expert in Fiqh)
- Dr Muhammad Ali Ahdash (B.A, M.A, PhD, expert in Fiqh and usul al Fiqh)
- Qari Abdul Hai Al-Shaami (B.A, M.A, expert in ten Qir’at of Quran)
Course Fees: £70 per term
Starting Monday 27th September 2021