Online Quran Course
Reading the Quran is not always easy. Some parts are challenging and difficult to understand so how can you make sense of them? The Quran course is an introduction to understanding the Quran – ideal for serious students of the Book of Allah, it will help you dig deeper and explore the Quran for yourself. This course will make Quran study easy and enjoyable experience. You will gain confidence and pick up learning skills and tools used by traditional commentators of the Quran.
Teacher: Dr Musharraf Hussain Al – Azhari, translator of the Majestic Quran.
Starts Tuesday 9th June 2020.
Every Tuesday and Thursday 8pm – 9:30pm
Why you should join this course?
– You have a duty to understand the Majestic Quran, to know the purpose of your life.- You will learn about the ring structures of Surahs: Logical and Coherent structure and the major themes of the Quran.- You will gain deep understanding of Surah Yasin and Al – Kahf. – You will develop Love of the Quran and Share it with others.
Each session will include:
– The rules of interpretation and understanding the Quran.- Study of Surah Yasin and Al – Kahf.- Worksheet for effective study of the Quran, opportunity for personal inspiration and reflection.
Why the Quran course?
Reading the Quran is important, it’s the Word of Allah. The poetic powerful words from our mouths travel to our ears, move our hearts and change our lives. By reading it we can learn more about the Loving, Caring and Most Kind Lord of the world. But understanding its message isn’t easy. So, what do we do when we get stuck? The Quran course will introduce the essential features of the Quran: you’ll learn what the text is like (Structure, style and themes), what lies behind the text (circumstances of revelation), and what is the lesson for me (Moral, spiritual and social values). These principles and descriptions are from the tried and tested methods of science of Quranic Hermeneutics, interpreting the Quran (Usul al-Tafsir) formulated by traditional scholars like Jalal udeen Suyuti (d. 1505) and Shah Wali Allah (d.1762). You will learn to ask questions to dig deeper into the meanings and message of the Quran. Our ten sessions course provides you a solid basis to start your lifelong journey of discovering the Quran.
Lesson 1 – What makes the Quran a special book? Nine extraordinary features and benefits
Lesson 2 – How does the Quran provide guidance? The meaning and mode of Hidaya
Lesson 3 – How to study the Quran effectively: six helpful tips and a worksheet
Lesson 4 – The 33 descriptive names of the Quran (Part 1)
Lesson 5 – The 33 descriptive names of the Quran (Part 2)
Lesson 6 – The Themes of the Quran: 112 Major and minor themes
Lesson 7 – The ring structure of surah’s: logical and coherent organisational structure
Lesson 8 – An overview of Tafsiri methodologies: the process of interpreting (Part 1)
Lesson 9 – An overview of Tafsiri methodologies: the process of interpreting (Part 2)
Lesson 10 – Introduction to Usul al-Tafsir: 15 principles from Al-Ithqan of Suyuti and Al-Fawzul Kabir of Shah Wali Allah
May Allah bless you as you embark on your journey to know more of Him and to hear Him speaking loudly and clearly to you.
Next steps with the effective study of the Quran:
- Read the Quran regularly try to complete it every 3 months
- Memorise key passages and Surahs
- Start a Quran study group at home or in your local Masjid (see our course Quran study group)
- Join the next Level 2 of the the Quran course, we will let you know date and time.
A copy of the Majestic Quran is necessary for this course, please ensure you have either the kindle version or a hard copy.
Click here to purchase your Quran.